Location: Remote, Flexible working. Head Office based in Thame, Oxfordshire
Hours: Full time hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: Competitive DOE + our competitive benefits package
Your main goal will be to provide new insight to the business. We are using RStudio Connect to publish both R and Python apps and analyses. There is no analytical limitation in what we can share. As we are at the start of our Data journey, you will contribute your knowledge towards the build out of our Master data and to our well-spec-ed out but contained BI solution that monitors our vitals. However, your focus will be on driving change. You will gain a deep understanding of our processes by emerging yourself into the business and as well as answering existing questions by analysing our data, you will also explore the data and let it tell us what we haven’t yet asked.
ULS technology is a leading provider of tech in the property sector, focussed on bringing together home buyers/sellers, financial services, estate agency and legal professionals. Conveyancing (the legal house purchasing process) has traditionally been a paper-based manual processes - documents and forms are posted back and forth and it is often difficult to track and share progress, causing frustration and slowing progress for all parties.
We are on a mission to transform the experience by making stress-free home moves in the UK a reality. We want to become the leading provider of digital tools to transform the conveyancing experience of buying, selling, and owning property.
Since we were founded in 2003, we have come a long way on our journey and are currently at a critical and fascinating juncture. To date, the product focus has been on iterations of our conveyancer two-sided marketplace, connecting consumers with a range of quality conveyancers to choose from at competitive prices via its easy-to-use tech platform.
We are now going a step further with the development and the launch of the next phase of our customer focused online platform, DigitalMove – a centralised digital platform for everyone involved in the conveyancing process to communicate and collaborate, from future homeowners, conveyancers and lawyers to lenders and brokers. This home platform joins up the entire home buying and selling process right up to completion and beyond, making that process easier, quicker, safer and more transparent.
- Gain a deep end-to-end understanding of our data linked to business processes
- Support in the build out of our Master data
- Support in contributing to our BI suite when linked to analyses performed
- Answer questions in the business that require analyses Have a strong focus on actively looking for new insight – find patterns and behaviours previously unknown and allow for change with actionable insights
- Three years experience working in a similar role
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in R or Python, with the interest to learn the other language
- Experience in data analyses with a variety of methodologies leading to actionable insight
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- (Preferred) Experience in data modelling
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- A strong preference for simplicity and transparency over complexity
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get an enhanced, generous holiday package
- You have the option for flexible, remote working
- Access to our beautiful head office in Thame, Oxfordshire – a great space to work, meet colleagues and collaborate
- Our benefits package includes; private medical insurance, volunteering day, competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, Death in service insurance, sick pay and lots more
- Pre-arranged social events to make sure we have fun, stay connected and to ensure it isn’t all about work
- ULS help you develop your career with a detailed, performance management scheme
At ULS, diversity of thought, beliefs and backgrounds, drives growth in our people delivering business growth. We are committed to delivering a better home moving and owning experience for everyone, enabled by bringing everyone with us. We treasure any dimension of diversity and the breadth of backgrounds across our teams creating better experiences for everyone regardless of who you are, where you come from and how you identify. If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies, Please!